top of page

Workers Compensation Psychological Services

At the Psychologist

We Can Help You If You Need A Workers Compensation Psychologist

Whether you have suffered from a work injury or are suffering from any symptoms that negatively affect your quality of life, we are here to help. In addition to being located in the heart of Bankstown, we are accessible to people with disabilities. Find out how we can help you after your Workers Compensation claim has been approved.

Counselling for psychological injury and injury adjustment

A workplace accident or incident may result in a number of psychological challenges. Among them are:

  • Injuries that make it difficult to return to work

  • Depression

  • Anxiety and panic attacks

  • Feeling tired or fatigued

  • Having nightmares

  • Having flashbacks

  • Persistent pain causes difficulty adjusting

  • Insomnia or sleep disturbances

  • Problems concentrating and focusing

  • A feeling of irritability, anger, and frustration

  • A feeling of tearfulness and emotional instability

  • Deficiency of energy or motivation

  • Experiencing exhaustion and fatigue

You may be eligible to have your psychological treatment covered by your worker's compensation insurer if you have sustained a psychological injury at work or needed adjustment to injury counselling.

Psychology Services Under Wage Compensation: How Do I Get Them?

We can assist you if you have received a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity from your doctor, which includes a recommendation to see a Psychologist.

A Psychologist will be appointed to provide you with treatment after we discuss your needs with you. In the event that your Workcover insurer requires approval, we will submit the request to them.

SIRA WorkCover is among our major clients in NSW. In order to obtain prompt assessment and treatment for your psychological health, we will work with you and your insurer.

Psychologist will have to report back to your insurer about their assessment of your condition as well as your progress in treatment if you are receiving treatment under WorkCover. Your insurer will be able to access the information collected during your assessment and treatment.

Your employer may also offer you employee counselling and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) if you are experiencing general stress or mental health issues unrelated to your job. Find out if you have coverage from your employer.


Contact us to find out more about our Worker’s Compensation Psychology Services. 

bottom of page